Volunteer opportunities provide exposure to fields of pediatric occupational, physical and speech therapy in a multi-disciplinary group setting. Our early intervention program, Leaps and Bounds, offers group therapies (occupational, physical and speech) in a play-based, preschool like setting.
Volunteer activities within the Early Intervention program includes but is not limited to the following:
- Encourage the children to interact and participate in presented activities as directed by the therapists and staff.
- Be playful, active, and professional by modeling appropriate behaviors.
- Assist in all aspects of classroom therapies. Volunteers are not limited to one therapy group.
- Ensure safety, independence (when appropriate), and promote use of language.
- Helping set-up and clean-up activities and preparing craft materials
Volunteer Requirements: Minimum cumulative of 25 hours
Minimum Time Commitment: Each volunteer shift is 3 hours.
Days of the Week: Monday through Friday 8:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and/or noon to 3:00 p.m. at our Torrance location or Monday through Friday 9:00 a.m. to noon and/or 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at our Long Beach location.
Age Requirement: 18+
Volunteer Locations: PTN Torrance & PTN Long Beach
Qualification Requirements: Tour of facility, online volunteer application, a current TB test, and mandatory volunteer orientation.