Volunteer for Camp Escapades!
August 3 – 14, 2020!
Volunteer registration opens on May 1, 2020.
Camp Escapades, a summer day camp for children of all abilities, is considered one of the most popular youth volunteer activities in the South Bay. Many of our camp volunteers sign up year after year to participate in a rewarding and enjoyable opportunity to become a “white shirt" that serves as a camper’s buddy during camp. Volunteers are over the age of 13 and receive an orientation as to what they can expect during their time at Camp Escapades. Volunteers not only enjoy a meaningful experience that gives back to the community but they also enjoy opportunities to build better leadership and social skills. Many of our youth volunteers are from South Bay high schools, volunteer organizations and local colleges and universities.
- Must be 13 years old by the start of camp and provide proof of a clear TB test
- TB TEST: All volunteers must have a valid tuberculosis (TB) test on file. Please note, a TB test is valid for 4 years after the test date. All volunteers must submit proof of TB test prior to Camp starting.
- ADDITIONAL PAPERWORK: Additional paperwork (liability,code of conduct and photo release form) will be sent to each volunteer in an e-mail that contains their group assignment. Volunteers will be expected to download the paperwork, sign it, and mail it to PTN before camp starts.
- Eager to learn, energetic, and enjoy interacting with children
- Must be available to attend an orientation prior to Camp Escapades
- Must be able to commit to being at Camp Escapades for the duration of one week of camp, 9:00am – 4:30pm
- If you are a former camper and want to volunteer, please email email@example.com
Hours are recorded based on attendance. A volunteer must be present at the time attendance is taken at the beginning, and end of each shift in order to receive full credit. Once camp has ended, all hours will be put into our system and we will generate a Verification of Hours letter which will be sent to each volunteer in the mail.
Questions? Contact Natalie Garcia at firstname.lastname@example.org / 310-571-8091.
Camp Escapades will be implementing a referral contest as a new aspect to volunteer sign-ups this year. It will begin May 1st, 2020 (when registration opens).
How it works:
* You will tell your friends/teammates/siblings/cousins/neighbors how awesome camp is!
* Your friends will sign up and put YOUR name in the designated ‘How did you hear about camp?/Who referred you?’ section on the application
* Each time your name is entered, you will get points
* Each point will enter your name into a raffle for super cool prizes (3 pts = 3 raffle tickets)
* The person with the most referrals will also get a special prize AND get their Camp group will receive extra spirit points
* The raffle and announcement of the winners will take place at orientation
* 1 point for Week 1 referrals
* 2 points for Week 2 referrals or Week 1 referrals received on the first day of volunteer registration
* 3 points for Week 2 referrals received on the first day of registration
Please read and keep in mind the white shirt requirements listed on this page while referring. I look forward to seeing all your friends, teammates, and/or family members this summer. If you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Best of Luck!