An adapted Hanen program for parents of children with language delays.
Now via Telepractice!
Training Parents online to support their child’s communication
It Takes Two to Talk is a 10-week online program designed specifically for parents of young children (18 months to five years of age) who have language delays. In a small group setting, parents learn practical strategies to help their children communicate and interact during every-day activities. It Takes Two to Talk is a well-known evidence-based program developed by The Hanen Centre. Our new Telepractice model allows parents statewide to play a major role in their child’s early language intervention.
What Our Parents Say:
- “It’s a great program that breaks down how your child communicates at each level and how to best promote further communication. I was doing a lot of things that were likely stalling my son’s communication. I’m way more aware of how to encourage his communication after taking this class."
- “I enjoyed meeting other parents and learning from their journeys and struggles."
- “I used to think that I had to narrate and describe everything to my son. This program made me realize I was taking over the conversation and I now say less. I focus my language more on what my son is experiencing and repeat key words."
Join Us If:
- You want to learn practical and powerful strategies to help your child communicate and interact during every-day routines and activities
- You want to learn how to engage your child in back and forth conversations, even before he or she can talk
- You want to learn what motivates your child to communicate
- Your child communicates by: not using any words or signs, using gestures, using single words/signs, using short two-word phrases/signs
- You can attend sessions once a week for two hours
- Program is led by a Hanen Certified Speech-Language Pathologist
- Consultation for you and your child with a Hanen Certified Speech-Language Pathologist before the program begins
- Two individual coaching sessions for you and your child with a Speech-Language Pathologist to practice learned strategies and receive one-on-one guidance
- Eight parent training sessions
- Each family receives a parent guidebook that follows the program’s content in an easy-to-understand format