An adapted Hanen program for parents and their children with language delays.
It Takes Two to Talk is a 10-week program designed specifically for parents of young children (18 months to five years of age) who have language delays. In a small group setting, parents learn practical strategies to help their children communicate and interact during everyday activities. A highlight of Pediatric Therapy Network’s program includes group speech therapy for children while their parents attend training sessions. It Takes Two to Talk is a well-known evidence-based program developed by The Hanen Centre.
Join Us If:
- You want to learn practical and powerful strategies to help your child communicate and interact during everyday routines and activities
- You want to learn how to engage your child in back and forth conversations, even before he or she can talk
- You want to learn what motivates your child to communicate
- Your child communicates by: not using any words or signs, using gestures, using single words/signs, using short two-word phrases/signs
- You can attend sessions on Wednesdays from 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
- The program is led by a Hanen Certified Speech-Language Pathologist
- Consultation for you and your child with a Hanen Certified Speech-Language Pathologist before the program begins
- Two individual coaching sessions for you and your child with a Speech-Language Pathologist to practice learned strategies and receive one-on-one guidance
- Eight parent training sessions
- Eight group speech therapy sessions
- Each family receives a parent guidebook that follows the program’s content in an easy-to-understand format