Our Development Department is in charge of closing the gap between the true cost of PTN services and the reimbursement rates from regional centers, school districts, and insurance. Currently, this gap is 15% or over $2.2M for the organization and does not include capital expenditures such as equipment or additional treatment space. Our fundraising activities include special events, community outreach, and mailings.
Volunteer activities within the development department includes but is not limited to the following:
Volunteer at PTN Torrance to help with: mailings; digitizing files; research; donor recognition and acknowledgments; cleaning, organizing, and painting of our therapy gyms and warehouse spaces.
- Thanking donors by making thank-you calls or writing thank-you notes
- Mailing assistance (folding letters and stuffing envelopes)
- Being an online ambassador. If you are active on social media, this is easy. We need your help spreading the word about PTN. We will give you posts to share.
- Creating an online fundraiser. You would be given a pre-set webpage you can personalize. You can share your personal story if you choose.
Volunteer with our Events Committee to solicit sponsorships; collect and catalog auction items; photograph events; help with day-of event setup, take-down, or registration; coordinate community events for PTN families.
- Making calls for event help
- Contact companies to help secure opportunity drawing, raffle, or auction items
- Picking up or packaging auction items
- Setup, clean-up, or registration at events
Volunteer Location: PTN Torrance