The Early Head Start program is a federally funded program that services children and families ages zero-three. The center based program is an option that provides services to children 18months to 3yrs old.
Volunteer activities within the Center-Based EHS program includes but is not limited to the following:
- Playing with children at their level, both indoors and outdoors
- Preparing materials for lessons as well as help with routine cleaning of materials
- Following directions from the teachers and demonstrate positive interactions within the classroom at all times
- Volunteer activities within the Home-Based EHS program includes but is not limited to the following:
- Assisting the administrative team by reviewing documents, entering data into spread sheets and helping prepare for meetings
- Maintaining a clean office, organizing material and making copies
Volunteer Requirements: Must be able to follow instructions well and always have a positive attitude.
Minimum Time Commitment: 3 hours per day
Days of the Week: Monday through Friday
Age Requirement: 16 and over
Volunteer Locations: PTN Torrance
Qualification Requirements: All volunteers will sign a confidentiality agreement, and provide proof of vaccinations inclusive to MMR, T-DAP, and Influenza and obtain a TB clearance.